Have a fabulous 2012

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!
Gaga: Rest in Peace (b.2002 - d.2010)

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Seoul and Rains

I'm in Seoul physically after a break Since I've arrived here it has been raining with few dry and sunny days. Nothing stops ,cancels or postpones here because of the rain. I had to go out and hence, took some pictures too on my way to some appointments.

All kids were at school


 Some of the women were still in heals when typhoon Tembin (named after a Japanese term for the zodiac sign Libra) brought the heavy downpour and strong winds.

The change in past 10 years in Seoul with respect to rainy season has added rain boots and rain coats to umbrellas. They come in all shapes and sizes which was not very common before. Umbrellas was all you could see but now we can call it a full blown "Rainy Day Fashion".



In Korea, even if there is a drizzle one would see  umbrellas or if it is a clear weather you'd see parasols. My first ever visit to Lotte Department Store started off with stalls selling umbrellas at all their entrances and I made my may into the excited ajumma crowd who were pushing each other to get hold of a good designed umbrella.


Source: Road to Mandalay.com


I found out that an umbrella on sale had a 20USD or 20,000 won price tag (40% off) - the crowd was acting as if they were getting it for free and I went the other way. Not all umbrellas in Korea are expensive, you can find one for 2,000 won only at Daiso Stores (dollar store of Korea).


Source: Korea Times

Rain boots (레인 부츠 in Konglish )or Jaangwha (장화) and rain coats were seen on kids only a few years ago but now everyone has both - it is a must-have for fashionista. Rain boots are sold for as much as 80USD or 80,000 won but one can find them for 25,000 won too (cheap ones).


A view of a corridor of boys dorm (above) and that of girls (below) in a lot of pinks, purples and beige....





and more umbrellas...






All the photos are taken by the author unless stated otherwise.