Have a fabulous 2012

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!
Gaga: Rest in Peace (b.2002 - d.2010)

Saturday, May 14, 2011

List of Mosques in Korea

Besides the official Seoul Central Mosque in Itaewon (my post here) , the list of mosques in other provinces in Korea is below, this list doesn't include the mosques (masjid)/prayers rooms that students or other private individuals have established:

Gyeonggi-do/ Paju Masjid
Located near the Imjin River , the Paju Masjid is mostly frequented by Bangladeshi and Pakistani Muslims in the vicinity.
Address : 421-9, Yeongtae-ri, Wonreung-myeon, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do
Tel : +82-31-946-2110


Bupyeong Masjid
Located in the east end of Incheon, Bupyeong Masjid is a place of worship for immigrant Muslim workers in nearby areas, including Namdong Industrial Complex in Incheon.
Address : 574-19, Sipjeong-dong, Bupyeong-gu, Incheon
Tel : +82-32-512-2612


Anyang Masjid
Anyang Masjid, not far from Seoul, is operated independently by Muslim immigrants from Bangladesh and Pakistan.
Address : 618-132, Anyang 5-dong, Anyang-si, Gyeonggi-do
Tel : +82-31-444-7757


Ansan Masjid
An imam from Bangladesh serves at the Ansan Masjid, which is operated independently by immigrant Muslims from Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Indonesia working at the nearby Ansan Industrial Complex.
Address : 741-5, Wongok-dong, Danwon-gu, Ansan-si, Gyeonggi-do
Tel : +82-31-492-1948


Gwangju Masjid
In Gwangju (Gyeonggi-do), which is adjacent to Seongnam, Icheon and Namyangju, Gwangju Masjid, Korea 's third masjid, was opened in 1981.
Address : 48-9, Yeok-ri, Gwangju-eup, Gwangju-gun, Gyeonggi-do
Tel : +82- 31- 761-3424


Jeolla-do/Jeonju Masjid
Matching Jeonju's reputation as a city of tradition and art, Jeonju Masjid shows the harmony between Korean and Islamic architecture. Traditional Korean roof tiles adorn the Islamic dome.
Address : 1562-10, Inhu-dong 2-ga, Deokjin-gu, Jeonju-si, Jeollabuk-do
Tel : +82- 63- 243-1483


Busan/Busan Masjid
Busan Masjid was the second masjid to open in Korea. It was built in 1980 with financial support from Ali Fellaq, the former minister of finance of Libya .
Address : 30-1, Namsan-dong, Geumjeong-gu, Busan
Tel : +82- 51- 518-9991


Islamic Centers/Macheon-Geoyeo Center
Address : 186-26, Geoyeo-dong, Songpo-gu, Seoul
Tel : +82-2- 431-6850

Suwon Center
Address : 320-15, Dangsu-dong, Gwonseon-gu, Suwon , Gyeonggi-do
Tel : +82- 31- 295-2956

Jeju Center
Address : Rm. 1215, Jeonghan Officetel, 939, Nohyeong-dong, Jeju
Tel : +82- 64- 712-1215


Daegu Center
Address : 202-6, Jukjeon-dong, Dalseo-gu, Daegu
Tel : +82-53- 523-2171

Gwangju Center
Address : 894-7, Wolgyeo-dong, Gwangsan-gu, Gwangju
Tel : +82-62- 972-5136
Website of Korea Muslim Foundation: http://www.koreaislam.org (Korean, English)

For Pocheon, Cheonnan, Kimhae  and  Jinju please look at the this blog post by an Indonesian blogger.

OR

Visit Korea Muslim Federation website, here they have  updated a list of mosques in various cities but it is in Korean language however, one can get help to locate phone number and address.



Credits: Korea Tourism Corporation

36 comments:

  1. is there any muslim centre near ilsan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, Aisyah.
    I guess you can ask Muslim Federation of Korea by calling them or when you visit the Seoul mosque just stop by their office, however, if I go there I'll surely ask and update this post..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am mufti as proficion and PHd Philosophy and want to work for islam in koria is there any possibelty i know english arabic persion urdu and german
    muftirashid@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think to work within Islam related areas in South Korea one has to be proficient (fluent) in Korean language besides Arabic.

    Moreover, the jobs in mosques etc. are possible through government exchange programs.

    I'd suggest you to learn Korean because it will be helpful for you while in Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sarah,

    I'm a casting coordinator for a Korean TV program called Semipermanent. It's all about expats living in and around Seoul and it broadcasts on Arirang. You can view past episodes here: http://vimeo.com/user14591985.

    I've been reading your blog and I'm very interested in talking to you about an upcoming episode. Please get in touch asap if you're interested in more details.

    You can reach me at toriallegory (at) gmail (dot) com or the Semipermanent facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/semipermanenttv

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam sarahin,
    Is there any masjid close to Everland wher we can do friday prayers? or ve need to go to seoul? Tq
    Yusof
    usofmad@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr. Yousef,
    Please check your email!
    Thanks for visiting the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam Alikom,
    Is there any masjid in icheon?
    Please reply to my email
    eng.bahr.999@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salam Alikom,
    Is there any masjid in icheon?
    Please reply to my email
    eng.bahr.999@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Assalamu alaikum.
    Is Al Fatah the only masjid in Busan or are they any more mosques in that area? I plan to relocate to Ulsan or Busan and I am wondering about the masajid in Busan and Ulsan area and any in between these cities.
    And of course I would like to know the Halal restaurants and halal grocery stores in these cities as well.
    Jazakallah khair.
    Please email me at mmushtaqshaik@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Assalamu Alaikum
    i will cominmg to Seoul National University soon, i would like to know if there is a muslim community there/masjid. pls reply me through my mail shehunafiu33@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Assalamualikum,

    I will be in Seongnam, South Korea in the middle of July for 1 week.
    I see that there is a Masjid in Anyang, and the main masjid in Seoul. I am wondering if there are any closer masjids?

    Also I am wondering if there are any halal restaurants in Seongnam?

    Please let me know as soon as possible at
    topazhills at g m a i l . c o m.

    Assalamualikum,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ali: From Seongnam - Seoul mosque in Itaewon is the nearest and easiest to go! There are direct buses from Seongnam to Gangnam and bus 421 from Gangnam will drop u off to Itaewon. - 5 minutes walk away from the mosque.

      For halal food - its hard but read my post on Halal Korean food - it will be helpful.

      Hope this helps!

      Delete
  14. can i have your picture for my presentation? i have to tell about religion in korea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Sarahin.

    We're student from Malaysia. We would like to know about Mosque of Itaweon. Do you have any contacts or email regarding Mosque of Itaewon? This's because we would like to visit Itaewon in July 2015. Waiting for you to reply soon. Thanks.

    Email : didiheadgirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI PLEASE VISIT MY POST ITAEWON MOSQUE ALL THE INFO YOU NEED IS THERE.

      OR GOOGLE

      KOREA MUSLIM FEDERATION

      HOPE IT HELPS!

      Delete
  16. Sarah,

    Work in Suwon (near Seryu station) any chance that there is a nearby mosque. I have tried the one you put on there but I can't seem to work out how to input it in my phone/or Google maps. Yes I am inept at this. However I have only been here for a month. I live in Sonntag station area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELL, I WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST U BETTER CALL 1330 OR 121 - TOLL FREE NUMBERS N ASK. YOU MAY TAKE HELP FROM A KOREAN COLLEAGUE!

      Delete
  17. Which is the nearest mosque I can go from Gwangdo-myeon, Tongyeong-si, Geongsangnam-do, Korea. Please e-mail me on zaid_irfan@rediffmail.com Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  18. If I want to learn Korean in Seoul... Which school I should enrol. How long it take to learn spoken Korean. Do they accept old people ... I am 60....

    ReplyDelete
  19. If I want to learn Korean in Seoul... Which school I should enrol. How long it take to learn spoken Korean. Do they accept old people ... I am 60....

    ReplyDelete
  20. If I want to learn Korean in Seoul... Which school I should enrol. How long it take to learn spoken Korean. Do they accept old people ... I am 60....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello!
    Is there a mosque in Jinju South Korea?I'm moving there in January.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Assalaamu alaikkum warahmathullahi wa barakaathuhu..
    This is Mohamed Hanif from india..I came here on Boryeong terminal..Any body knows about the mosque location and which food is halal..Please help me
    honeyhanif.1990@gmail.com..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi,could you tell me how do muslim students pray jumma in ulsan especially if youre in uni,or like do students pray afterwards mmaasifaali@gmail.com ,thankyou for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Assalaamu 'Alaikum Sister.

    I need some help please.
    I have been searching the web trying to prepare for my trip to S.Korea in November this year. I will be staying in Bundang.
    I have been trying my hardest to find an Imam or someone who can perform a Nikah so my fiancee and I can get married. We are not interested in a big ceremony, just the 2 of us, an Imam, witnesses etc and Allah SWT to bring myself and wife together in Islam.

    The problems i have been facing is when i call the Masjid i feel i was not being treated fairly. I am ok with that and understand where they are coming from.

    For me, i am a simple man and so is my wife to be. We have our minds set to have a Nikah performed in Korea next month but unfortunately i cannot find any information who does this.

    The alternative is to come back to Australia to perform but for me, because my wife to be is Korean, i would like to have the Nikah settled in Korea. It would mean the world to both my bride and I.

    Sorry for the long message but i hope you will be able to put me in contact with someone who is qualified to do this in Korea.

    I have no one else to turn to and i do apologize for approaching you.

    May Allah SWT reward you with any advice and all the advice you provide on your blog.

    My direct email address is zj@hpe.com

    Jazak Allah Khair


    Assalaamu 'Alaikum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now i have also getting problem to do nikah marrige..Imman say that he need some document from our country but i dont how to take that document up to here..he put us in problem..and he need money 30 man won for masjid i dont know why..He say if you take that document from your country then he will do our nikah..feel angry so much..we dont know how to solve

      Delete
  26. Asalaam Alaikum Sister, I am an American Muslim interested in visiting South Korea. It is to my knowledge that Islam is growing there mashallah. Do you know of how the mosques there deal with bringing young people together for marriage? Or is it up to the individuals themselves to find their partners?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Is there a job in korea mosque that i can do? I have to go away from my job now... 😢😢😢

    ReplyDelete
  28. We want to get married in iteawon masjid but we get problem in there..We are different country couple and there one man tell us to take some document from our country..But how to take document ??? We are here and want to marry as soon as possible..Really its so difficult to married in masjid???? He need money also 30 manwon also for he doing our nikha married.. feel so much angry...If some people know how to solve problem then please help...|||

    ReplyDelete