Have a fabulous 2012

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!
Gaga: Rest in Peace (b.2002 - d.2010)

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Things I Hate About the Web



The web is a wonderful place where you can say pretty much anything. But with that sense of freedom to say and do anything we want, we often take it for granted and often make mistakes.

Whenever I search the web or let’s say google around, words mentioned below are the ones that make me lose my interest on a particular page or a website. I don't know how it works for others but for me.... well, these words make me fly away - once and for all. They include:

1 - Coming Soon
People are simply not interested in what someone may offer later on, they are only interested in - now. It is important to realize the fact that the same information is available to the people on pages at alomst the same distance - I mean a click away.I personally feel that the idea behind ‘a coming soon’ message is to generates interest or excitement –which never works for me.

2 - Under Construction
Who likes anything “under construction”? I guess the same hold true for the web surfers. It is all about now or never!

3 - Best Viewed with (insert browser/resolution here)
Well, I’m not technology savvy per se. This to me is the most useless thing to be asked to do while on a site.

4 - Requires Flash
There may be many benefits of it as I have heard but nothing so far could convince me to dowmload flash player. My daily mantra after turning on my computer is to tell ADOBE to please “remind me later” of this otherwise useful tool for over a year.

I wonder how it works for others and what turns them off?

1 comment:

  1. You are right. I also just can't understand that if something is coming soon then how does it get high status on search engines like google.

    About flash I have installed it because now a days too many sites requires flash to work properly.

    But still internet has changed our lives altogether.

    ReplyDelete