Have a fabulous 2012

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!
Gaga: Rest in Peace (b.2002 - d.2010)

Monday, May 23, 2011

Heewon's Pictures from Jeju-do (제주도/濟州島)





The day I left for Stockholm, Heewon - a high school student, a fantastic person and my neighbor left for Jeju. She was very excited as this was going to be her first flight taking her out of Seoul.

She wants to travel around the world and already knows a lot about many countries including Pakistan, its history, culture, greetings and food. I told her we can travel together and she suggested me how about going to Pakistan? I think that would be fun - all she needs is an air ticket and that is all!

Back to Jeju island - so this place is a Volcanic Island and contains Lava tubes hence designated as one of the UNESCO's World Heritage Sites. Jeju is famous for dol hareubang (돌하르방), its women divers, stone statues park, Cheongjiyon Waterfall and volcanic caves.


A painting of Diver Women - Seoul Art Magazine


Cheonjiyon Waterfall

No comments:

Post a Comment