Have a fabulous 2012

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!
Gaga: Rest in Peace (b.2002 - d.2010)

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day



In Canada, the US, Pakistan and China- 8 May is "Mother's Day", whereas in Korea it is the "Parent's Day". I wish all the mothers all over the world a wonderful mother's day as well as Parents' Day. My mother is in the US and my sister gave her roses on behalf of all of her children. It was wonderful. We all talked to her and that's how her day started.

It is important to note that different countries have different dates on which this day is celebrated but a rather large number celebrates it in MAY and the dates are: 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 10, 13, 15, 16, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30.

I will briefly go to how Korea and Pakistan celebrate it?

In Korea, May 8 is a "Parents Day" - which initially was celebrated as Mother's day. Carnations are given to both the parents and it is a holiday. Gifts are given to them and children visit their home or hometowns in case they are living seperately or away from the parents.

In Pakistan, it is relatively a new concept and while looking into the history - I got an impression that it's more of a day celebrated by various channels and later on, got acceptance within certain groups of society. It is not celebrated officially or even as an occasion by masses.

Whatever, the case may be, I wish each and every mother a "very happy mothers day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment