Have a fabulous 2012

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!
Gaga: Rest in Peace (b.2002 - d.2010)

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Greater Seoul Region: Pumpkin Harvest!

I love pumpkins...in every form and shape, it was personally my first time to see the entire process of how it works in Korea, growing/harvesting that is.

 My Korean Halabbu-ji started his day by harvesting pumpkins, I made a yaksuk (promise) with him that we will meet but somehow, I was bit late.


 Looking for one...


 Proudly standing in front of pumpkins!


 The pumpkin Wall - about 70 of  them...


 More pumpkins - both long and the round ones!!


 I need to have a program that can save my photos from being lifted from this blog on daily basis.... it simply sucks!

Pumpkin Wall - Beautiful pumkins lined up by me and the halabbu-ji!

Aside from pumpkins, we harvested the sweet potatoes and I got some as gift. I left them outside in the field and today, when I was going there to pick them up, I saw a husband/wife carrying 2 of my huge kokumas.  When we crossed each other,  I said to the woman that, exuse me: this is my stuff that you are carrying. She made up a story, right away, that this is her relatives farm house, which wasn't true and couldn't explain why my things were in her hands. Anyhow, she gave me the 2 big kokumas, however when I reached my Kokuma place, I found out that all my sweet potatoes were gone. Finally, I met a lier/a petty thief in Korea after a long time.

The woman need not had lied to me and could still have those organic sweet potatoes....but it is a good experience for me since, I'm very careless and often leave my things here and there....and never lock my doors with cameras, computers etc. all lying around etc.