Have a fabulous 2012

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!
Gaga: Rest in Peace (b.2002 - d.2010)

Friday, October 5, 2012

Korean Pumpkin Flower Tempuras!

 Well, in South Asia, this dish is called pakoray. It is one heck of a simple and really tasty dish to prepare - here in Korea, it may fall within the category of 퇴김 or Ttukim.
These are the final days of hobak (pumpkin) in Korea and though it is chilly, flowers are still blooming. What I did was, picked the flowers of pumpkin, washed them and cut them lengthwise .


 I also took a few baby "phaichu" leaves (Korean cabbage) and "yongpha" (spring onion) and sliced them lengthwise.


Added ginger shoot, finely chopped!


Added in a crushed clove of garlic


 Then I added in "baysun" or gram flour (4 table spoons)


I added red pepper powder+salt+black pepper powder (according to ur taste)


 Finally I added in, little water at a time and kept on mixing it... (the consistency should be thick)


Finally, I scooped a spoon full in a frying pan - I did shallow frying, one can do deep frying but I prefer less oil while cooking - and in doing so, a bit of patience is required.
This is the final product - you can drizzle soyasauce+vinegar+ketchup over them...gosh, they are tasty! I love them - this is a Bengali style dish originally!

The picture above is: soya sauce+vinegar+really hot Korean Kochu+salt+ sugar+black pepper+cumin