Have a fabulous 2012

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!
Gaga: Rest in Peace (b.2002 - d.2010)

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bibimbap ad on New York Times


Actress Lee Young-ae has been featured in a full-page ad in the New York Times promoting bibimbap, the healthful Korean dish of rice with assorted vegetables. I saw this ad. for the first time in the autumn of 2012, on all billboards at Itaewon. I looked for the photos I took while in Itaewon but amongst thousands that I have - I couldn't find this specific picture. Lee, Young-ae is the only actress that I know by name and her dramas and movies.

The ad was paid for by enthusiastic promoters of Korean cuisine including Seo Kyoung-duk, a public relations expert and professor at Sungshin Women's University. It is also said that Young-ae volunteered for this ad. and it's amongst her first assignments after becoming a mom to her year old twins. She is 43 and doesn't look like in her 40s at all. She majored in German language and literature from Hanyang University and got her Masters in Film and Theater from Chung Ang Univ.

Lee, who played the lead role as a court cook in the hit TV series "Jewel in the Palace or Dae Jang Geum," neatly dressed in hanbok or traditional Korean dress is in vibes in and across Korea.

"We wanted to promote the beauty of hanbok along with bibimbap," Seo said.