Have a fabulous 2012

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!
Gaga: Rest in Peace (b.2002 - d.2010)

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Subway Shops and Kiosks in Seoul

One thing that always impressed me in Korea is its subways and subway stations. Another fascinating feature are these stores and shopping areas inside the subway stations that offer almost everything.


Korea is the most digitally connected city in the world and with all these gadgets we see charms , pendant sort of a thing hanging to them....every single cell phone, or cellphone holders, netbook bags, Ipads, backpacks, purses, has this small, cute character hanging with it (here they call it jewellery for the gadgets etc. or gadget accessory) and it comes in all shapes and sizes. There were times when I started collectig them and finally at a point, I realized that living a nomadic life- I must give-up on this hobby... however, I must confess that these are unique, cute and a sort of a creative art - I love it.

Line 9, is a new addition in the subway line and is the most gorgeous - obviously it is brand new, high tech and very cool-this same line takes us to the airport too. This line has some of the best shops and most intersting stores and kiosks - if one has time- I would highly recommend to explore Line 9 of Seoul Metro. I have not been to every single station but the few I tried, were a treat indeed.


Korean subway stations and trains - are indeed the best, the most comfortable and really clean, among the ones I have come across in different countries. Previously, I have used subways in Paris, New york, Washington DC, Tashkent, Stockholm, Philadelphia, Tokyo and Beijing!

No comments:

Post a Comment