Have a fabulous 2012

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!
Gaga: Rest in Peace (b.2002 - d.2010)

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back to Korean Language Classes!

Well, last time I took Korean language was in 2009 and since then, I had a long break - from actually studying Korean. At the time, I finished level 5 but unfortunately, have not been using the language as often as I should hence, I've forgotten quite a bit - particularly grammar, vocab and spellings [so what is left behind? ;-)]....but most important of all, I was a bit nervous to physically go and take classes since the last time I did something like this was almost two years ago.
I'm sitting with Level 4 students and have learned many new thing - not that I absorbed a lot but it was refreshing and any change is good. We are following Korea University's Language Book No: 4. Have a vocab test as well as homework. This is a 2 month program (intensive course) with 5 and a half hours of class every day from 9:00 a.m to 3:30p.m. with an hours' lunch break in between. I'm planning to take TOPIK 3/4 by this year - I mean September, so let us see!
Today's topic was "Housekeeping=집안의일상"

The new vocab for today - which made many of us felt like desperate housekeeping vocab learners - must know the following vocab by heart...gosh:

분리수거:seperating garbage
다림질:ironing
구겨지다:to get wrinkled
먼지:dust
굴러다니다:to roll around
쑬다:to sweep
걸레질:mopping
어질러놓다:to make a mess
분담하다:to split up (a job)
준수하다:to be refined
깔끔을떨다:cleaning freak
정돈하다:to put in order
빗자주: broom/ cleaning brush
행주: kitchen cloth
흐트러지다:to be untidy
반듯하다:to be neat and tidy
구석구석: every nook and corner
탁탁털다:to shake off (all the dust)
널다:to to hang
가족돌보기:taking care of family
짜다:rinse
빨래집게: clips
빨랫줄:clothes line
빨래행어:clothes stand
옷걸이:hanger
세제:washing powder
얼룩:stain
표백제:stain remover (bleach)
끈적끈적하다:to be sticky
단단하다:to be hard
전담하다:to take full charge of
요구하다:to request/to demand
잔소리: nagging
경제적부담:financial burden

3 comments:

  1. Just stumble upon your blog while i was searching for internship korea. Keep up the good work.

    Anyway, can a foreigner like me, who know a bit about hangugo have internship in korea especially an aviation students like me. I hope you can help me. TQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bash,

    Well Korea has a few 'Aviation Universities' and therefore, possibilities to do internships are a lot. These days the preference is for the students - who are registered at Korean universities, full time or the exchange student. I would suggest you to look for an exchange program - for a semester btw. yours and a Korean university. Once you are here, you can easily be a candidate for interships here. Nevertheless, please visit this website below - probably you will get some more precise info.

    http://www.hangkong.ac.kr/english/

    Best of Luck!

    ReplyDelete