Have a fabulous 2012

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!
Gaga: Rest in Peace (b.2002 - d.2010)

Saturday, July 9, 2011

LOMOGRAPHY: What is this?


While doing my posting on Seoul 16th Photo Contest, I thought I should do a post on Lomography. While talking to a few friends from Japan - I got to know about Lomography - because they were my first source to it!


Lomography is the commercial trademark of Lomographische AG, Austria for products and services catering to the Global Modern art community of Lomographic photography. The name is inspired by the former state-run optics manufacturer LOMO PLC of Saint Petersburg, Russia.


In 1991, the Austrian founders of Lomography discovered the Lomo LC-A and bought the exclusive rights from this Soviet company. As the company states, they were "charmed by the unique, colorful, and sometimes blurry" images that the camera produced. Their motto is: Don't think, just shoot!


According to Lomograpgy dot com:


You might be at a garage, in the woods, on an Airbus, in the Hammam, at work, on the Fujiyama, or in bed with breakfast when it hits you. Your trigger finger start trembling, your eyes become hungry, your soul is burning for images. You grab your LOMO LC-A, click, ahhhh, click, now it's better, click. Then it happens; the unstoppable Lomographic desire to document your surroundings overwhelms you and won't let go. And nor will you: you're feeling Lomography and life starts pulsating.


This definitely makes me think if this is the camera I want or I just stop deleting my blurr photos.. :-)


For details visit: http://www.lomography.com/


photocredits@ lomography.com/munich

No comments:

Post a Comment