Have a fabulous 2012

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!
Gaga: Rest in Peace (b.2002 - d.2010)

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Steve Jobs: Rest in Peace


What you can Learn from Steve Jobs..





Steve jobs is no more - but he changed the whole outlook to our lives. The way we live, we communicate, we connect and we do business. His death is the end of an era.

In Stanford Commencement Address (2005), he spoke about death and said:

“........When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like:If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.” ..........Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

...No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary..."
.


Whether we own Apple or not, it made a difference in our lives and somehow Steve Jobs touched the lives of billions in many ways than one.

When I was leaving Norkkoping for Stockholm, a fellow traveller took out his iPhone and gave me tips on how to do budget travelling in Stockholm, the most expensive of all cities in Sweden. He also gave me a breif overview of my Day 1 excurtions and I said to him, "wow, this gadget is just so cool" and he smiled and said, yeah, "it has made life very easy."

When I got lost in Stockholm, near the City Center, a couple took out their respective iPhones and typed in the address that I had and there I was: problem solved. Countless times,I thanked God and I thanked the inventors of iPhone.

He was a great revoluntioary of our times.

Thank You, Steve Jobs: YOU were an amazing human being who brought comfort for the people at large!!!

The original speech at Stanford can seen here.

NYT article on Steve here.

Steve Wozniak's reaction.

Steve Job's biological father,  a Syrian immigrant, Abdulfateh Jandalli and his biological mother and sister. Another intersting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment