Have a fabulous 2012

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!
Gaga: Rest in Peace (b.2002 - d.2010)

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Typewriter





Well computers have chaged our life in enormous ways but their predecessors 'typewriters' have a huge contribution that span over centuries.
In 1714, Henry Mill obtained a patent in Britain for a machine that appears to have been similar to a typewriter. In 1829, William Austin Burt patented a machine called the "Typowriter" which, in common with many other early machines, is listed as the "first typewriter".In 1865, Rev. Rasmus Malling-Hansen of Denmark invented the Hansen Writing Ball, which went into commercial production in 1870 and was the first commercially sold typewriter. It was a success in Europe and was reported as being used in offices in London as late as 1909.

Why am I hooked to this machine and why today? It is because I just found a typewriter in the discarded stuff of our grad school. It is a nice machine but since I live in a dorm hence, I have no idea what to do with it? If I had a home it would have gone in a corner table as an antique. It can become a nice decoration of some coffeeshop or a bookshop too. Anyhow, I guess after a while, it will go back in the trash! If anybody wants it can contact me.It is free! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment