Have a fabulous 2012

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!

FOR PHOTOS: PLEASE ASK FIRST, I WOULD APPRECIATE THE COURTESY OF BEING ASKED!
Gaga: Rest in Peace (b.2002 - d.2010)

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Touch Korea Tour: Gangnam Style (Day 1: Seoul Fashion Week etc.)

I had to walk all the way and my umbrella broke down....my neighborhood!

On the first day of  'Touch Korea Tour: Gangnam Style' - strong winds and rain made it very difficult for me to get to Korea Tourism Organization's head office, I was a little late but I made it. After an introduction and briefing by buzz Korea's Touch Korea organizers we headed for  Seoul Fashion Week (SFW) that was held at the War Memorial in Yongsan near the US base.

  Despite rain the excitement, enthusiasm and energy among participants was strong at the Seoul Fashion Week. This is my third Fashion Week in Seoul since I came to Korea.


 A long queue of people - waiting desperately to enter the venue. Celebrities  were there too  to see the work of a young fashion designer - Kwak Hyun Joo - who has designed clothes for figure skater/ World Champ - Kim Yuna. She has also designed for K-Pop stars. Kara Band members and TEEN TOP were also there.

I took this hot while on escalator!

From a different angle by newspapers: KARA
                       
 Runway area was packed and one could NOT even move.


S/S 2013: Kwak Hyun Jo's Collection




      The runway hype


For more on who else was in Kwak's collection read HERE.


                           The designer:  Kwak Hyun Joo with an actress after the show


Fashion designer Kwak with a member of TEEN TOP!
 
Some of the dresses were interesting....and I love everything green.





I think that the venue of Seoul Fashion Week 2012 was wisely chosen.......it seemed like a best place thus far - among all shows I have attended in Apgujong area.



and the designer here in the picture below:


After S/S 2013 Seoul Fashion Week at the War Memorial we headed for IFC Mall in Yeouido for shopping and lunch. The same day we participated in MBC's famous music show hosted by members of Girl's Generation for which we went to Ilsan. I'll do a separate post on Music Core and the live performances.....it was a great day, full of fun. Met bloggers, Vloggers from around the world and had wonderful food with the TKT winners as well as organizers especially Amelie and Sujin - who took care of us very well.

continued....